Monday, June 11, 2012

101 Things – Completed – #48 Buy an i-phone, android or i-pad

My new Samsung Galaxy SII
 101 Things – Completed – #48 Buy an i-phone, android or i-pad
My new Samsung Galaxy SII
May 2012

After much umm’ing, ha’ing and being a general pest at the Samsung dealers and Apple store, I bought an Android phone…..the Samsung Galaxy SII.

Yes, I know the latest is the Galaxy SIII which is a viable competitor to the i-phone, and I have to say I love the sleekness of the new slim design. But I’m not going to need the improved features like the 4inch 720pixel screen, lightweight casing, quadcore engine and enhanced voice features.  

I use my phone as a, well, phone most of the time and also an alarm clock. The calendar and reminder function is handy; and when I’m on the move, it’s nice to be able to pick up emails and  listen to music. Everything else is a nice to have.

Because of the SIII release, the price of the SII has dropped and being someone who’s always on the lookout for a bargain, I decided the SII already has everything I want, so why pay more?

Besides, I have learnt my lesson with handphones, computers, camera’s and other bits of technology and gadgets…..there will something newer and better next year. So I have stopped chasing the latest thing and just focus on what’s tried and tested and what I need.

After playing around with the phone for a couple of weeks, I have to say I am very happy with the  Galaxy SII and have downloaded some useful utilities…all free….. from the Google Play Store….a calendar, notes and task list, an alarm clock, calculator, music player, mini photo editor, camscan which allows you to convert a photo of a document to a PDF file, and something called Super Swiss which is just like a virtual swiss knife….this turns the phone into a torchlight, magnifying glass, a compass, a bubble level, a plumb line and a compass. Very cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment