Friday, November 18, 2011

# 67 Get a Personal Style

Personal Style, Montage, Nov 2011

Fashion fades, only style remains the same
~ Coco Chanel


"I knew I needed a look and I got one." said Maria Callas, in the play Master Class. Me too. So I am getting rid of everything that's not "me" any more......which seems to be most of my wardrobe. But that's ok. I won't be wearing boring corporate suits anymore in my new life.

Some of the stuff can be deconstructed and reconstructed into something I will actually wear. While I'm at it, i.e. cleaning out my closet, those comfortable dropped-waisted faded jeans with the frayed hems will have to go. Faded is so not-elegant and the jelly belly is starting to roll over the dropped waistband.


Effortless.......Uncontrived. Not looking like I've spent hours doing hair or make-up (even when I have!)
Timeless........Modern classic's and Vintage look. 
Simplicity.......Minimalist. Design should be based on cut, rather than embellishments. Minimal accessorising. 
Natural..........No purple or green hair. no heavy make-up. Enhance rather than disguise. Natural fabrics.
Elegant..........Well-groomed, good posture, good manners.  
Stylish............Keep up with broad trends, but only pick those that suit me. Skip the ones that don't.
Creative........Classic's with a twist!

No comments:

Post a Comment